Educating for sustainable living.
Developing future ready young people.
Respect – displayed by:
- Acting fairly with care and compassion.
- Actively listening and acknowledging perspectives of others.
- Showing empathy towards others.
Integrity – displayed by:
- Being honest in all interactions.
- Being a person who is reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Showing responsibility for own and accountability around others’ actions.
Community – displayed by:
- Establishing and maintaining genuine, positive and supportive relationships.
- Celebrating and valuing all people in an inclusive manner.
- Acknowledging and working collaboratively with a shared meaningful vision.
Educational Excellence – displayed by:
- Being optimistic and positive.
- An adventurous inclination to initiate and undertake new and daring challenges.
- Resilience in adapting to challenges and adversity in range of situations.
To ensure that the rights of all individuals are protected whilst at the school, and to and from the school.
To establish the best possible learning environment.
To ensure that breaches of the Code of Cooperation are treated in a fair and consistent manner and within the expectations of staff and students.
Responsibilities & Expectations
|All individuals and their property are to be valued and
treated with respect.
|All students should treat one another, staff and property
|All individuals have the right to a safe, secure and
cooperative working environment in which
participation, risk taking and confronting challenges
|All students should act and behave in a way which does
not endanger, intimidate or interfere with the
participation of others.
|All individuals have the right to privacy.
||All students should respect others rights to privacy.
|Staff should be able to perform their duties in an
atmosphere of order and cooperation.
|Students should comply with instructions given by any
members of staff and should willingly participate in the
daily routine of the School.
|Staff, students and the natural environment have the
right to exist in a healthy and environmentally
|All students should conduct themselves in a healthy and
environmentally friendly manner towards other students,
staff and the natural environment.
|The School expects support from all students,
parents and staff in implementing this Code of
|All students should behave according to this code and
accept the consequences if it is breached. All staff
should fairly, reasonably and consistently implement this
code. Staff and parents of participating schools should
support the School in implementing the Code of
Specific Rules at the School
To respect the rights and expectations of all individuals at the School the following forms of behaviour are considered a breach of the code and are therefore unacceptable:
Bringing of cigarettes, alcohol, non-prescribed drugs, offensive weapons, and pornographic material to the Campus.
- Using language which is offensive, sexist or racist.
- Fighting, bullying (physical, verbal, indirect or cyber) or any other forms of aggressive behaviour.
- Being in the lodges/room of the opposite sex.
- Being in another student’s room without permission.
- Leaving campus boundaries without permission.
- Behaving in a manner which is potentially dangerous to self and others.
- Behaving in a manner which damages or vandalises the property of others or the environment.
- Climbing of trees, buildings or other structures without teacher supervision.
- Students bringing aerosol propellant cans e.g. deodorant sprays.
- Personal ICT hardware (Mobile Phones, Cameras, Music Devices etc.) being used inappropriately or without permission from the teachers.
The School has developed levels of appropriate responses and sanctions. Any breach of the Code of Cooperation will initiate a restorative approach. The staff will decide the appropriate level of action.